AWARDS AND SCHOLARSHIPS
- Levin Fellowship, SUNY Global Center, 2011.
- Boğaziçi University, Excellence in Teaching Award, 2009.
- Award for The European and American Young Scholars' Summer Institute 2001/2002: Public Spheres and Muslim Identities, Berlin (Germany), July 15, 2001 to July 28, 2001 and Dartmouth College (USA), August 4, 2002 to August 17, 2002. Sponsored by the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation/ the Wissenschaftskolleg zu Berlin, the Social Science Research Council (New York) and the institutes for advanced studies in Princeton (USA), Research Triangle Park (USA), Stanford (USA), Uppsala (S), and Wassenaar (NL).
- Dissertation Year Fellowship, Binghamton University, 1997-1998.
- Dissertation Research Fellowship, History Department, Binghamton University, Spring and Summer 1997.
- Teaching Assistantship, Binghamton University, 1994-1999.