Except as noted below, student work is edited on a first come, first serve basis. Editing of student work takes priority over faculty work.
Autumn 2017 Queue
|2017-S11||80,000||2||Editing completed 2017.10.02. Format approval pending.|
|2017-S12||80,000||2||Editing completed 2017.10.20. Format approval pending.|
|2017-S13||57,500||2||Editing completed 2017.11.03. Format approval pending.|
|2017-S14||80,000||2||Editing in progress
Anticipated completion: End of November.
Anticipated completion: Third week of December.
Anticipated completion: Third week of January.
|Priority Key||1||Priority queue of on-time master's theses|
|2||Ordinary queue (first-come, first-serve)|
General Prioritization of Editing
The rules governing the prioritization of student editing are a decision of the faculty body, and the editor has no discretion about the order or timing of editing.
- There is no guarantee that editing will be completed in time for the graduation deadline of a particular term. This is contingent on the backlog of work in the editing queue.
- If you feel you have extenuating circumstances, you must address these to the Director of the Institute. Changes to the order of editing work can only made by a decision of the faculty as a whole or by the mutual agreement of all academic advisors involved.
- If a student does not provide advanced notification of their intent to submit at the beginning of the semester and if there is a backlog of editing work, the faculty body may use their discretion to assign the editing of that student's work a lower priority.
Peak Season Priority
The period from March through June is set aside for the editing and format checking of master’s theses, during which the order of the queue is determined as follows:
- Master’s theses submitted by the appropriate Spring deadline will take priority over items in the ordinary queue and will be completed in the order received.
- Master’s theses submitted late will be placed at the end of the ordinary queue and will be completed (along with doctoral dissertations) in the order received.
- Doctoral candidates are discouraged from submitting dissertations during or immediately before this period. Dissertations submitted during this time will be edited only after the editing of prioritized master’s theses is complete.
When Can I Schedule My Jury?
It is the policy of the Institute that doctoral candidates should not make specific plans regarding the scheduling of their jury until the editing of their manuscript has been completed.
To estimate the timing of your jury, divide the number of words in your manuscript by 6 thousand to arrive at the approximate number of working days (i.e. weekdays) the editing may take. You may then need a couple weeks to make revisions before distributing your text. Your committee members will need one week ― ten (10) days for doctoral dissertations ― to review the work. Generally this means your jury date can be no earlier than three (3) to four (4) weeks after the editing is completed.
Erstwhile Queue: Autumn 2015–Summer 2017
|2017-S10||93,000||Final formatting approved 2017.11.02|
|2017-S09||100,000||Editing completed 2017.07.31. Format approval pending.|
|2017-S08||140,000||Final formatting approved 2017.08.22|
|2017-S07||40,000||Final formatting approved 2017.06.12|
|2017-S06||54,000||Final formatting approved 2017.06.05|
|2017-S05||42,500||Final formatting approved 2017.05.24|
|2017-S04||51,000||Final formatting approved 2017.06.12|
|2017-S03||40,500||Final formatting approved 2017.06.12|
|2017-S02||132,000||Final formatting approved 2017.06.12|
|2017-S01||140,000||Final formatting approved 2017.06.02|
|2016-S15||165,000||Final formatting approved 2017.06.12|
|2016-S14||78,000||Final formatting approved 2017.02.03|
|2016-S13||108,000||Final formatting approved 2017.11.13|
|2016-S12||270,000||Final formatting approved 2016.11.14|
|2016-S11||55,000||Final formatting approved 2016.06.15|
|2016-S09||70,000||Final formatting approved 2016.06.13|
|2016-S08||40,500||Final formatting approved 2016.06.07|
|2016-S07||29,000||Final formatting approved 2016.06.08|
|2016-S06||26,500||Final formatting approved 2016.06.10|
|2016-S05||33,500||Final formatting approved 2016.06.13|
|2016-S04||153,500||Final formatting approved 2016.10.15|
|2016-S03||109,000||Final formatting approved 2016.07.20|
|2016-S02||172,500||Final formatting approved 2016.08.24|
|2016-S01||143,500||Final formatting approved 2016.06.09|
|2015-S01||150,000||Final formatting approved 2015.12.21|